6A10.15: Laser and Flat Mirror
Description: This demonstration shows that the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.
- Mounted laser
- Flat mirror
- Portable stand
- S clamp
- Compressed air or black board eraser
- Aim the laser at the center of the mirror.
- Turn on the laser.
- Turn off the lights.
- Spray the compressed air at the mirror (or chalk dust).
- Note that the angle of incidence is the same as the angle of reflection.
- You may adjust the laser height to show different angles.
- When finished, turn off the laser.
Do not stare at the laser beam. Do not point the laser at students.